Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Accord 2005, It short oil and have tried to find the problem

Customer Question

Accord 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It short oil and have tried to find the problem but nothing was discover
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 7weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing just need solution to the engine oil shortage
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. First thing we need to do is to determine how much your engine is actually using, to do this you need to do a oil consumption report. How this is done is to top the oil up to the maximum on the dipstick do note over fill! record the mileage and drive for about 1,000 kl/m then pull the dipstick to see how much it went down and top it back up to the original level. This will give you the amount it used in that time. There are a number of things that can cause oil consumption and ways to slow it down.

Would you like a full procedure and remedy over the phone ? would be quicker and you will have all the info you need to solve this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will prefer phone conversation. Please write me you phone number and the best time to call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Anyway, the car is on 117,000 millage no leakage or oil burning out from the exhaust but I speed a lot like formula 1 competitor...LOL. Could that be the problem? Or their should be a particular Engine I could use because I previously use Mobile XHP (20W 50). Someone recommend MileMaster engine oil SAE 5W-20.Let me know what to do.

there is the phone request , we cannot give out personal info over this sight.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Ok my friend I see what your saying about your driving habits. You like to let it go sometimes. Well yes that can cause some extra oil usage but there are some things you can do to help reduce it. In your case this is what I would recommend and if you follow these steps you should find a significant difference. Because of it's age and mileage I would first recomend a good and proper oil flush to remove any vanish and free up the oil control rings so they can do their job. Next to use a high mile oil with a little higher viscosity then standard 20/40 for summer or warmer temps, then to use Lucas oil stabilizer to reduce wear and help reduce buildup. You should be able to find all these at a local automotive supply store. Make sure your PCV valve has been replaced recently as well. If you follow these steps you will find a significant difference. When you change the oil after the flush put the whole liter of Lucas oil stabilizer in to replace one liter of oil. I will supply you with pis of some brands of oil flush and high mileage oils along with that Lucas oil stabilizer as well as a video on the importance of an engine flush. In your case try to stay away from full synthetic oils too thin and can attack the seals and gaskets in your older engine.

Hope all this info helps as it should. If your happy with my answer please take the time to rate it, thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for the perfect information.Please check the weblink below, which oil engine oil do you suggest I use on my next car service. http://autofactorng.com/products.php?cat_id=7&sub_cat_id=44Please reply me with the name and spec. Remember, I use honda accord 2004 model (2.4 litre engine)

These are my two recommendations because I know them and how they perform. depending on the temp in your area you can go with 15/30 for cold weather , and a20/40 for summer. plus that liter of Lucas stabilizer http://www.valvoline.com/our-products/motor-oil/syn-power-full-synthetic.

disregardful THAT LAST OIL i HIT THE WRONG BUTTON. i REALLY INSISTS YOU GO TO THESE HIGH MILER OILS BECAUSE YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS , THEY ARE A SYNTHETIC BLEND PLUS THE BENEFITS OF ALL THOSE EXTRA FEATURES . FIND ONE OF THEM IN THE ABOVE VISCOSITY i MENTIONED ALONG WITH THAT Lucas PRODUCT AS WELL . my PERSONAL FAVORITE IS THE VALVOLINE 20/50. And don't forget to do that flush with the next oil change.

Just look on the net at the reviews for Valvoline max life , all 5 stars need I say more!