Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

1994 Honda accord will not start, was running. Sat up for

Customer Question

1994 Honda accord will not start, was running. Sat up for 6-8 mos. before was just running 2 days ago. Has been difficult to start, at start it puttered/ missed sound. Now it wont crank up, does turn over. Past month put injector cleaner in with gas and a reputable mechanic said injector ok. Can't find a diagnostic machine to hook up to.Nosw it just wont start. Please help.
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: yes was my suspicion was fuel, spark plugs new.
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not a mechanic.. i can change oil, plugs etc easy stuff
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thankyou
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

How much gas have you ran through it? Approx how many miles since it was first started?

Thanks,

~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
4-500
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

Have you tried starting fluid or checked for spark? If it firers up briefly on starting fluid it's a fuel problem. If it won't and there is no spark it's a spark problem. Knowing which will help greatly.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
400-500 miles. no phone call
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

No problem, the site not me sends the phone call. Have you tried starting fluid or checked for spark? If it firers up briefly on starting fluid it's a fuel problem. If it won't and there is no spark it's a spark problem. Knowing which will help greatly.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok thankyou very much i'll try and let you know...Ohh can you tellme why it can't be connected to a diagnostic machine,,
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

The diagnostic port or OBD2 port(connector) wasn't in the Accord until the 1995 model year. Yours is a OBD1 system. Yours has a 2 wire connector that you can jumper with a wire or paper clip to get the check engine light to flash a code. There is no connector on yours to read data or check sensors, it's a old school system.

Thanks please remember to rate, the question will remain open so you can still come back once you have tried the starting fluid.

~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
where is this wire connector located to jump and read code
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

Just a sec and I will get that for you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 18 days ago.

Here you go. How to retrieve the code info and how to interpret the code too.

Thanks again,

~Honda-Man