Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Well no lowbeam headlights. fuses good... brand new multi

Customer Question

well no lowbeam headlights. fuses good... brand new multi switch...bulbs checked. no power at the fusebox with the lights in the on position. parking lamps are ok and work with the switch
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 accord sedan
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i bought a new multi switch...checked the bulbs with my meter...fuses good. high beams perfect side markers perfect
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

Are you looking for possible causes?

Can I start by getting your VIN or engine size?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
3.0
1hgcm66523a098486
Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

Thank you.

One minute while I gather some info for you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

Is the vehicle equipped with daytime running lights?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do not think so
Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

Ok, thanks.

Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

I would start by checking power to the combonation switch control unit, MICU and the low beam relay and inputs because the headlight circuit is controlled by the MICU system. The high beam and low beam headlight relays are located within the relay control module. Power Supply with the ignition switch in the ON (II) or START (III) position, battery voltage is applied through fuse 21 to the MICU and to the combination switch control unit. Fuse 7 is hot at all times and supplies battery voltage to the to the MICU and to the combination switch control unit. If there is no power at the fuse box with the headlights or "low beams" turned on, then the problem is BEFORE the fuse box. Here is a wiring diagram for this circuit.

Expert:  Amedee replied 19 days ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.