Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Grinding noise especially when braking, from rear of car

Customer Question

grinding noise especially when braking
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: from rear of car starting a short time ago
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2013 crv
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: will not attempt fix myself and I don't know what the cause is
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't know more
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

When was the last time the brake pads were inspected?

It's either worn out brake pads or a rock stuck in the disk brake caliper or behind the rotor splash shield. Both can damage the rotor so I would have the brakes inspected as soon as possible. Rotor replacement adds hundreds to a otherwise moderately expensive repair. Rear pad replacement usually runs approx $150-250.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to credit me.
Thank you,

~Honda-Man