Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have Honda odyssey 2016 and car doesn't start and car is

Customer Question

I have Honda odyssey 2016 and car doesn't start and car is pretty new.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: inside the car light comes on. maybe, too cold?
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was trying to take kids to school. start button pressure is heavy.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

it is possible that the battery was drained due to an electronic either left on or that failed and stuck on itself in your model and caused this issue here.It is also possible that the battery has failed prematurely causing low voltage or amperage.You may have power to some electronics to operate them but not enough to start the engine with a weak battery and this is common.

If this is a push button start as you have posted here and the start pressure on the button is heavy it is possible this is an issue with the ignition switch that the button inserts into.It may be defective to where the cold weather is causing the heavy pressure and no start issue here.

All of these will need checked into to locate and repair this fault.You can try and warm up the vehicle or push button area yourself to see if it starts then but if it does not then this will need checked into further to locate and repair the fault here.

This will be covered under factory warranty to be diagnosed and repaired and most all manufacturers will also include towing the vehicle to a dealer under warranty at no charge to you and can provide a rental vehicle until it is repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete