Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 2012 Honda Civic EX-L navigation screen is black. Radio,

Customer Question

My 2012 Honda Civic EX-L navigation screen is black. Radio, steering wheel commands, hands free telephone, etc. all work. Command button will direct me to select option on screen, but no screen.
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Drives well. I had an address on GPS to go to when I left home and before my arrival, screen went black.
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Went to the dealer and they said whole system has to be changed. Approx. $1500.00
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it. Thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

You could always order an aftermarket unit like this and install it yourself.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks