HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Enter code is on my display screen ( navigation). I've

Customer Question

Enter code is on my display screen ( navigation). I've looked all through manual for a code with no luck. 2007 odyssey
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: It says enter code and displays a keypad... I have no idea what code it wants.
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. It randomly appeared a few weeks ago. Nothing had been done or happened it was just showing up one day. It keeps all the touch screek functions locked. So I can't change stations, imputs and see any of it visually.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 24 days ago.

I can get you the security code from honda if you want to enter it and see if it will unlock. It might have an internal problem if it showed up randomly, but it's worth a try. To get the unlock code I will need the serial number from the navigation unit. The navigation system serial number label is located on the control unit. This is where the removable DVD is stored. I will then need the complete VIN.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks. I can't see any numbers. Are you saying I need to remove the unit from dash to get it?
Expert:  Jared D replied 24 days ago.

No, it should be on the front of the unit near the DVD slot, if it's not then your only option is to run it to the dealer to have them hook up a scan tool and pull the code directly from the navigation unit's computer.