HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I replaced my ecu and couldn't start my car anymore. Would

Customer Question

Hey I replaced my ecu and couldn't start my car anymore. Would please help to bypass it for awhile. I need to take the car to the dealer. Thanks.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

There is no way to bypass the ECU - absolutely every engine control system goes thru it and is controlled by it - from the fuel pump, fuel injectors, coils, crank and cam sensors, ect sensor, throttle body, etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. There is a way for emergency bypass an 8 digit vode
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Code
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you are a good mechanic for a given vin # you should be able to give that code.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I saw one in this forum that's why I use this, if not I'll go somewhere else to get it.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

You asked how to bypass the ECU, not an emergency brake code. A good mechanic has nothing to do with having access to Honda's database to give out the brake code, which I dont do because I have no way of verifying your ownership of the vehicle. You need to call your local Honda dealer to get the code

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. So you are not able to answer my question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/fecb43b5c50c41649993eb5e20456789 is this guy a dealer?
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 months ago.

???
yes there is, but by the V.I.N., that would have the ECU that came with the vehicle
No one knows the Serial Number of your New One........
There is NO ByPass Code, by ECU, only by V.I.N. & that would have to have the original ECU or one that was Programmed to the V.I.N.
Tow to the Dealer & get it done right