justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Just bought a used 1999 crv with this problem. Door locks

Customer Question

Just bought a used 1999 crv with this problem. Door locks don't fully lock or unlock with the fob. Also drivers side seem to operate randomly when car is sitting.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: No. Car seems to start and run fine.
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, am trying to work on it myself. Don't have a repair manual and owners manual is not much help.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I know about the problem so far.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just Answer.

I have been servicing only Honda/Acura models for 10 years so I know the brand well. The problem here are broken wires in the door jam connector. I will include a picture. This is a very common thing on the 1st generation CRV. You will have to peel back a rubber boot cover for the connector to access the wires in the connector. Just sort of tug on the wires and repair any that pull apart easily. I typically will remove the door from the car so I can have more room to repair the wires depending on how many need attention. Knowing this information should save you plenty of time in diagnosis. The first time I saw this I spent hours trying to figure it out. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks!

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!

any news here? Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit for my advice. Thanks!

Expert:  justinsbg replied 3 months ago.

Hi! Haven't heard back from you. Have you been able to look into the connector? Please remember to rate me positively so I get compensated for this answer. If you have any more questions let me know. Thanks!