Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My gas gage shows right some times and then it will show the

Customer Question

My gas gage shows right some times and then it will show the empty part of the tank. I changed the pump assembly and it still dos it. What is wormg?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: no ok ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2006 Honda civic ex
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I doing it. changed the fuel pump and flute
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I meant floe
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

I have seen quite a few bad gauge assembly's in this generation of Civic. The fuel gauge is controlled by a network controller in the gauge assembly.

I have a test for the sending unit that might help. It can't test the gauge assembly though. It's a all in one unit or assembly so it would require replacing the complete gauge assembly to fix. I also have a gauge assembly self test but it can miss intermittent gauge problems. It needs to be acting up during the test.

Here is the self test procedure. If you want the sending unit test just ask.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to credit me.
Thank you,

~Cliff