Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

VMI conversion 2008 Honda Touring. Passenger door with ramp

Customer Question

Hi pearl ! VMI conversion 2008 Honda Touring. Passenger door with ramp does not open at all - remote or manually after battery was replaced. Radio & Nav has been reset and battery is strong. Driver side sliding door opens fine.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: No, was a new battery but allowed to go dead then jumped by AAA and has been run for hours to charge up.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Odessy Touring 2008 with VMI conversion. Vehicle "kneels", passenger sliding door opens & ramp comes down (chain driven).
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all locks and buttons. Manual opening does not operate passenger door like it did before battery went dead.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. We had to push the passenger door the last inch or so open sometimes when it was operational to get the ramp to come down.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may have to be inspected by the facility that did the conversion here to locate and repair this fault as usually the wiring,actuators and solenoids are different then the factory components and can be difficult to pinpoint from here.I have seen issues with a reset needed for an after market control unit for the add on components that one of these facilities may have to perform.If this was not an issue before the battery fault here then I do not suspect this is an issue mechanically with one of the door components but more of a reset or relearn possibly needed.But since there are so many different after market systems out there that can cause this,this should be checked by the facility or a facility that installs these components to locate and repair this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete