Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

The car alarm went off and was not responding to the remote

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: The car alarm went off and was not responding to the remote control, I went in the car and started it up and the alarm stopped going off. I tried driving the car several hours afterwards and saw a flashing green symbol on the dash, I figured my alarm battery was bad so I replaced it and that did not work. I would start the car and it would shut right off after starting. I pulled the battery cable and everything reset and the car starts fine, now I have the AVS/BRAKE & abs LIGHT ON. 2008 HONDA ACCORD 4 CYLINDER
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Abs then brake and avs lights are all on all three
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened no warning
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it thx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 30 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 30 days ago.

You will need a scan tool that can read abs codes, some auto parts stores offer a free scan and can pick up abs codes. This is the first step, abs lights being on are most commonly caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor.

Expert:  Dan replied 30 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 24 days ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I took the car to my local Honda Dealer, for some reason my alarm battery was low causing this issue. They were able to do a reset and now I don't have the lights on and my car is running fine. Seems like dummy lights. So all is good.
Expert:  Dan replied 17 days ago.

Glad you were able to get the problem resolved. Please RATE using the 5 star rating system, this is how I get credit for my time thanks.