Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I used the accessory button to reset my clock and now the

Customer Question

I used the accessory button to reset my clock and now the entire vehicle is locked up. It won't start, lights don't go on when I open the door, nothing happens.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: What do you mean door switches?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: CRV 2016
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not trying to fix it I am just trying to get it to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: After I shut off the accessories it made a beeping sound, when I tried to start it this morning, nothing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have no electronics to any components at all including lights,horn,radio,no start etc. this can be due to the battery being drained out over night.When you shut off the accessories a component like a relay may have stuck on and drained out the battery over night.I have seen this occur before.

If you have not tried a jump start or battery re charge to see if it will start again I would try this.If it does start and run from there then I would have the battery and alternator tested as well as the battery drain/parasitic drain tested to locate the source of the fault here.Since this is a 2016 model usually the jump start and/or tow to the dealer as well as diagnostics and repair will all be covered under factory warranty.

But since this did occur after the accessories were turned off I do suspect something either shorted out internally like a relay or control module causing this issue or stuck on needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete