HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 1999 honda accord, when I go out to start it of a

Customer Question

I have a 1999 honda accord, when I go out to start it of a morning it will turn over but not start. when I release the pressure from the fuel pulsation damper it will start, what needs to be relaced?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: no, I get 26 mpg
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Honda accord 4 cyclinder 4 door
JA: What year is your '99 Accord?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, Im fixing it myself, fuel pulsation damper fixes it for a week or so
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 1 month ago.
There's actually a recall on the fuel pressure regulator is on this car. You will need to replace the fuel pressure regulator to fix this issue. Contact the dealer I just may be covered under extended warranty.this is the next step. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help. Bonus is greatly appreciated. I'm here if you need any further assistance. The fuel pressure regulator is located on the fuel rail.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, I will exchange it out and hope this fixes the problem. The car is 17 years old and is just now experiencing a recall, for the price about $35, will not mess with dealership, but I do thank you!
Thank you. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help. Bonuses greatly appreciated. I'm here if you need any further assistance.