Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I'm having a problem with my cay cutting off and not

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my cay cutting off and not starting . I was told it may be the full check valve-full pump assembly.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: All good.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 96 Honda accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all ignitions. plugs wires, distributor ect. found out the full was cutting off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Was going to replace the full pump assy, is the check valve part of this system?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hope you can help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'v done all the checks i know of, here's the issue. The car would sometimes be hard to start, once it started it ran great. Now I'm looking at the full system.

sorry for delay but we having site difficulties today and it slow loading the page for me so i can reply to you

i will do my best to help you ,let me look up few things for you

Chad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay

6 cylinder or 4 cylinder ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4 cylinder.

PURPOSE AND OPERATION The fuel supply system consists of a fuel tank, in-tank high pressure fuel pump, PGM-FI main relay, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, fuel injectors, and fuel delivery and return lines. This system delivers pressure-regulated fuel to the fuel injectors and cuts the fuel delivery when the engine is not running.

Fuel Specs

96 Honda 4cyl 2.2 liter

With vacuum hose disconnected ..................... 265 - 314 kPa (38 - 46 psi) With vacuum hose connected ........................ 206 - 255 kPa (30 - 37 psi)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got all that Chad, is the check vale located in the hanger assy, and if I replace this hole assy pump and all, do you think this would take care of the problem of my eng not getting full?

yes if the fuel pump has power to it and not running , but hold on, we need to check relay & fuses , did you do that ?

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I check ignition system, fuses, and all that's what got me to the full system. I was thinking vaper lock, i shot carb into it and it started up.

1996 Honda Accord Sedan L4-2.2L SOHC VTEC

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

The Fuel Pump Relay is incorporated into the PGM-FI Main Relay. Refer to Computers and Control Systems / Main Relay (Computer/Fuel System). See: Main Relay (Computer/Fuel System)

Did you check this relay, do you have a test light ,is there power at pump

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it's getting power, relay good, I think the check vale is working intermittently that's why I was thinking of changing the hole hanger assy.

There fuse number # 33 in the under hood fuse box , check that , check that relay , if all good and have power at the fuel pump and pump don't run then I would replace it ? Please let me know if you checked that or not ?

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the fuse was checked replaced it anyway, and the relay's good. Going with replacing the hanger assy, Just need some verification from someone like you.

Fuel pump replacement will solve the valve problem, it is built in the assembly so yes to your question earlier

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem, thanks.

You are very welcome

Please don't forget to rate me before you exit since that is how we get compensated :)

Good luck with it

Just reply back ,if you need anything else

I m online daily from 10 am till late

Chad