Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech
2947720

I have a 99 honda civic lx. It has 173k on it. It has been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have a 99 honda civic lx. It has 173k on it. It has been sputtering. It started at a slight sputter but now it has become more pronounced. The cel is on and the codes were fore misfiring on all cylinders.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Only fuel filter so far. Next is fuel pump, plugs and wires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried driving it with the o2 sensors unplugged for a day and it still sputtered. It made no difference
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Most common problem with them is plugs, wires and cap and rotor. It is a good idea to replace engine oil as well, because it normally gets diluted with fuel after they have been running badly and the fuel does not get burnt all the way, thanks