Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 2013 Honda won't start and it says power mode is on

Customer Question

My 2013 Honda won't start and it says power mode is on accessory. I can't find anything about power mode in the manual nor any button to push
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I understand the battery terminals could be a problem but what is excessively power mode I cannot find it in the manual at all
JA: What is the model of your '13 Honda?
Customer: I believe it's an EXL it is the Lowest one that comes with the camera which turns on when you make a right turn
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not trying to fix it at all all I'm trying to do is to get it to start which you did about three hours ago when I backed it off the driveway. By the way I'm very impressed that you're available to meet on Sunday night. And I would certainly make me buy another Honda just for this service
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Don't think so
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The battery could be discharged. You should try to jump start the vehicle to get it started. You could also try charging the battery.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks