Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The gauges are not working speedometer, gas, temp, gear

Customer Question

good morning, the gauges are not working speedometer, gas, temp, gear shift is stuck unless you put a key in the slot, clock doesn't work, and the windows either
JA: Have you checked the gauge's connections?
Customer: no I don't know how. Im having someone look at it on Saturday, Its my daughters car and she uses it to go back and forth to school, (college), she also needs a wheel bearing but its hard to find the correct part
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 97 Honda, v6 it does not say in the manual or on the back of the car if its se, lx, or dx, we got it used this past march.
JA: What year is your March?
Customer: its a 97 Honda accord, it only had 152,000 miles on it.
JA: Are you fixing your March yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: march is when we got it. we have put brakes it and fixed the muffler
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think that's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

sorry about the problem you having

1- the instrument cluster is an issue with them,I would let them inspect the rear electrical connector for any backed out pins making poor connection

2- the battery should have 12 volts and alternator charging 14 + volts .

3- Now the VSS ( Vehicle Speed Sensor ) that will cause no speedometer ,so this need checking , it is located on the transmission housing

4- I sent you the steps to test the VSS

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat