Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I have no heat--had a heater control valve installed--still

Customer Question

i have no heat--had a heater control valve installed--still no heat
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: thermostat is fine--coolant is fine--someone told me it may be my radiator
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2004 civic lx
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i'm not fixing myself--had a mechanic tell me the control valve was bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the mechanic said my radiator is only working at 60%
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I would check the water pump and replace would also be a good time to replace the timing belt. This is most likely the problem as the coolant will flow through the heater core with the thermostat closed, this means coolant will flow and you will feel heat before coolant flows through the radiator.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks