HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2004 Honda Pilot had a battery problem. When I

Customer Question

Hi There, I have a 2004 Honda Pilot had a battery problem. When I tried to install the new battery the alarm will go off. So, from your earlier answers I was able to lock and then unlock the driver side door with a key and the alarm stopped. But now the CD player is not working. It's saying clode on the left screen and I also see the anti theft red light above the CD Is blinking. Need help please
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No, But the door locking is working fine so far. would you like me to lock and unlock with the key
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, just changed the battery and stopped the alarm so far. But need to fix the cd player
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thabks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

The first step would be to look in the glove box for a small white sticker with numbers on it. A 5 digit number would be the radio code. a longer number would be the serial number of the radio that is needed for the code.

If you do not find the sticker then try this to get me the numbers:

Make sure COdE appears in the radio display. You can do this by briefly disconnecting the battery.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I), and turn off the audio unit.
3. Push and hold the No. 1 and 6 preset buttons on the audio unit, then turn on the audio unit. The serial number
may appear as a single eight-digit number or two four-digit numbers that are combined to create the eight-digit
serial number.

Post the numbers here and I will see what I can do.