Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

HOW DO I CHANGE THE DRIVE BELT ON MY 2004 HONDA PILOT,

Customer Question

HOW DO I CHANGE THE DRIVE BELT ON MY 2004 HONDA PILOT
JA: What shape is the drive belt in? Is it cracked, shiny, or frayed? And have you ever replaced one?
Customer: FRAYED AND STILL THE ORIGINAL AT 86000 AND BY THE WAY ITS 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES TRYING TO LOCATE THE TENSIONER
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOTHING AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

When replacing the belt on this vehicle, there is a special tool that will aid a great deal - Drive Belt Tensioner Tool. This tool has an extended handle to better reach and turn the tensioner. You can usually rent this tool from most local big-chain parts stores. For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the belt into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/Rvv35M

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you get the belt replaced? Any other questions you had? Did you find my answer helpful?