Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

97 v6 Honda accord is overheating..changed

Customer Question

97 v6 Honda accord is overheating..changed thermostat...radiator...water pump..still runs hot
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mechanic...radiator & therm stat...backyard mechanic water pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could it be head gasket
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Does the heater blow good warm air? Is it boiling over or blowing coolant out the overflow bottle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Blow good warm air....Boiling over

Thanks, ***** ***** a blown head gasket. Since you have replaced everything that could cause it that is what I suspect is happening.

There are a few ways to confirm it's a head gasket. Block check chemical kit or using a special funnel to look for combustion gas bubbles. https://youtu.be/YY2w2QvwAVo

https://youtu.be/cEl-tGgpZOQ

Sorry but it really sounds like a blown head gasket to me.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff