Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech
2947720

What Does This Wire Go to?

Customer Question

What Does This Wire Go to?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

What is the year, make model and engine?

What wire?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just sent a pic I'll resend...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
90 honda accord ex
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just bought a main relay because my car wouldn't hold juice...it was OK for like a day and now it won't even start

Now I see it, thanks.

We, (the experts) are only paid by your positive ratings.

That is not a factory wire. Most likely from an after market alarm, (could be from an audio installation where someone didn't have the correct wire for a power amplifier).

Does the engine spin over when the key is turned?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nope not at all....I've just bought a new alternator...spark plugs...spark plug cables....both air intakes....fuses...starter....optima battery....so now I'm at a lose

So sorry to hear that. Do you know if there is voltage to the 70 amp fuse in the under hood fuse block?

Any of the lights working?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is an issue with the plug thing that goes to this thing....if the wires inside are backwards would the car run at all....my car doesn't have a 70....
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lights turn on but they are dim

No, that is the coolant temp sensor, it won't cause the car to not start. That would be the 80 amp fuse on that one but if the lights are dim you will want to do a voltage drop test on the battery cables.

Are the battery terminal ends clean and tight?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What are these relays

I see, thanks. That is a good battery. Do you have voltage to the starter? (BAT wire)

Have you tried to jump start it?

Do you know what the voltage is at the battery?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The other day my alternator pulley was loose....my boyfriend put it back together but since then it won't run....or when it does start it looses all juice fast...even after getting a jump it drains super fast
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The battery is at 8
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
At this point the car won't kick over. ..no clicks no nothing

It sounds like the alternator is not charging and because of that the battery is dead. The battery has to be at least 13 volts to be able to crank the engine. The charging system will have to be tested, (once the battery is fully charged up) thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are there any important wires directly linked to the alternator that may have come loose when the pulley loosened

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.

The wires are on the back of the alternator, it would be hard for the pulley to contact them. Also, ALL of the wires at the alternator are important, for it to charge like it should, thanks

It is showing "payment failure" on this end.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** Thanks

Just checking to see how you did with the 90 Honda Accord.