justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Wont start.2007 2.4 accord.plugged in code reader nd p1009

Customer Question

Wont start.2007 2.4 accord.plugged in code reader nd p1009 comes up .i cleaned vtc nd screen nd i also did pluggs nd battery.also checked fuses everythings good.dont know what else it cld be
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.pulled vtc nnd cleaned it and also screen.put in new battery nd also did spark pluggs.it cranks but it wont start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please tell me if the green key light is flashing on the dash when you are trying to start the engine? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it blinks a few times nd then shuts off when i try to turn it over
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 month ago.

Great, thanks. This is normal. I was asking if it continually blinked while cranking. If it goes out this means the immobilizer system is normal.

I service only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. In my experience when dealing with this code, along with a no start the problem typically ends up being jumped timing. The timing chain stretches causing the chain hydrolic tensioner to extend out to it's maximum capacity. This causes the timing to jump. If it jumps far enough out the engine will not start. I would remove the valve cover and check timing. Rotate the engine clockwise around to TDC by lining up the marks on the camshafts, and then checking the mark on the crank pulley. I will include pictures. If the crank mark is off when the camshaft marks are aligned this means the timing has jumped. This would then require replacing the timing chain, hydrolic tensioner, and guides. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any possibility that it might be a fuel problem? Someone asked me if i could hear the fuel pump prime when i try to turn it over but i cant recall ever being able to hear the fuel pump do that.Does the pump prime and make a certain noise when you try to start it on this make and model of car?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 month ago.

It is possible, and so are a lot of other things. This model typically doesn't have fuel related issues come up. When you turn the ignition switch to the ON position there should be a faint humm from the fuel pump within the first two seconds of the switch being turned on.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 month ago.

Any news here? Please remember to rate me positively. I will continue helping after you rate. Thanks!