Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Honda element 2006, Both fans come when the AC is on. I

Customer Question

Honda element 2006, Both fans come when the AC is on. I switched the relays and they both still come on. The cooling fans does not come on. The element is not overheating
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 110000 miles starts good
JA: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Switched relays, fans both work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

You probably don't have any issues with the fans. it's hard to get the fans to come on actually both come on when it gets warm enough. The quickest way to check is to start with it fully warmed up. In park hold the engine speed to 2500-3000 until the fans come on. it takes a while so be patient. If the gauge goes above normal and the fans don't come on then you need to diagnose the problem. If it does not overheat I am 99% certain it's OK. Some of my customers say they have never heard the fans come on.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff