Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My 2004 accord wont start the key light came on, the key, I

my 2004 accord wont start the green key light came on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the green key, I think it might be the immobilizer
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I tried taking replacing the turn signal flasher fuse. In the process I took the cover off the fuse underneath the hood, removed and checked each fuse to find any bad ones...all were good. Found the flasher fuse underneath steering wheel.. replaced but now car cranks but won't start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the green light is you immobilizer you are correct

2- you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

3-do you have one or 2 keys , if u have 2 try the other one .

4-Fuse # 6 7.5 AMP & Fuse # 30 7.5 AMP in the underhood fuse box, double check these are good they go to security system

I sent you the alarm immobilizer system diagram showing all components and wires and fuses for your review

You can Try using a Master Reset using the procedure below

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician