Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech

2001 Honda accord ex 4cyl. 4spd. idles fine but as soon as I

Customer Question

2001 Honda accord ex 4cyl. 4spd. idles fine but as soon as I give it gas it bogs down. idle fluctuates
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This car doesn't have a cat converter also what do you think about that I AC valve
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It ran just fine that's all the sudden started also when we were going down the highway when I hit 3000 RPMs or so it would kind of sputter

I see, thanks.

What is the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How do you check the fuel pressure on 2001 Honda Accord 2.3 it doesn't have a Schrader valve do you pull the fuel line off the fuel regulator and check it from there
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the RPMS fluctuates when holding the accelerator steady also

Use a wrench to remove the fuel pulsation damper from its fitting, then attach the fuel pressure gauge.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is that the same as a fuel pressure regulator. You take the two bolts holding it on the fuel rail then you check the back of it?

No, that is on the fuel rail, near the regulator. On the ones that didn't use a damper you tee into the rail where the fuel line comes in.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay I took that and cap off that you talking about and there's a male threads coming out do I screw a fitting on that and then crank the engine

That is all in the instructions, thanks.

We, (the experts) are only paid by your positive ratings.