EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I accidentally turned my car off while it was in "drive"

Customer Question

I accidentally turned my car off while it was in "drive" still. I shut it off, but a green key idiot light started flashing. I realized what I had done, or not done, but the car in "park" and got the key out. Now, when I try to start it again, that green key light flashes again and the engine won't stay on.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Trouble codes?
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2009 Accord EX-L
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 4 cylinder
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've just tried to turn it on. I'm not mechanical at all. I just need to get to my next stop.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

HI. Try locking the doors with the remote, wait 1 minute, and then unlock them with the remote and see if that works. If it does not, try locking and unlocking the car with the key in the drivers door. Try that and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The battery in my key fob is dead. I have tried your suggestion with locking and unlocking the door with the key, but to no avail. The car still won't start. Any other ideas?

Try turning the ignition on, with it on, disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute and reconnect it and then see what happens.

Thank you for allowing me to assist. Now, if there are no further questions on this, rate the assistance to help and close out the question. Thanks.