Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years

I have a 2016 honda pilot. the rubber washer from the inner

Customer Question

i have a 2016 honda pilot. the rubber washer from the inner fuel shutter has come out. i am trying to remove the whole shutter set to replace the washer. i can't determine how to remove the fuel shutter set. can you help me?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 11 days ago.

This does require a couple special tools to do. Do you have access to the tools?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have tools but maybe not the one(s) required. It looks like the shutter set is held in place by 4 tabs, am I right? Do I pull them out or push them in to slide the shutter off? Or do I have to take my car to Honda Service center so they can use the special tool?
Expert:  Steve replied 10 days ago.

The shutter set will be destroyed when you remove it. The clips need to be broken off. the inner shutter is removed and installed with a special tool.

Here is some service information on how to do the repair. If you do not feel comfortable doing this then I would take in to the dealer.

Expert:  Steve replied 10 days ago.

Hope this helps you get the job done.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks Steve. After seeing the removal and installation instructions I will take my car to the local Honda Service center. I tried moving the tabs but knew something more was required. Never thought they had to be broken and then the part had to be discarded. I appreciate your effort finding the instructions and answering my question.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 days ago.

I was glad to help out.