HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot with about 300,000 miles never had

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2006 Honda Pilot with about 300,000 miles never had any problem with it, always changed oil and all service Wife was driving it home and she said the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and then completely shut off,,,.no electricity. She was driving on the bypass and no power for the windows, radio, etc. but it was driving ok. I told her to pull off of the bypass but before she made it to her exit it just died.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What are your thoughts?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: she said when she first started to drive it hesitated or jerked and it was really weird, then the lights all came on..then they shut off for good.
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This just literally happened right now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 10 days ago.

when all the lights came on did it die right away or did she continue driving until it died?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She continued to drive it very briefly until it died. She was on the bypass trying to get to the ramp to get off. First it lit up like a christmas tree...then she lost her dashboard electricity and all electrical...not power windows etc...then it just died.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry but a phone call right now is not possible. With all the miles on the Pilot and what happened i would have to say the alternator has failed and it died when the battery got used up.