justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Vsa light came on and shut car down and had to get it towed

Customer Question

vsa light came on and shut car down and had to get it towed trying to figure out how to quick fix it to get it home
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: i wasnt driving it my daughter was she said vsa came on car slowed down and turned off
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2005 honda cr-v
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not tried anything yet the police had to get towed so it wasnt blocking highway
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 months ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Without knowing much about this situation except what you've mentioned I would think the alternator stopped charging the battery and eventually the battery died causing the vehicle to turn off. First I would try jump starting the vehicle. If it starts and runs with a jump then you know the car battery has died. Then remove the jumper cables while the engine is running and if your car shuts back off after a few minutes then you can assume the alternator has stopped charging that battery and the vehicle is trying to run on only battery power. If jump starting the car doesn't work let me know.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks