HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I have a 2005 Honda Element and I just recently had my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 Honda Element and I just recently had my alternator and battery replaced. However my radio won't work. The dealer ship I took it to wanted to charge me $60.00 to have him put the code in.. I can't afford that and I think that's a bit steep.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: A scan tool?
JA: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I took it to a shop and my husband picked up my vehicle, didn't ask about the code or how to turn radio back on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just trying to get my xm back on. Miss my music with a long drive to work. Haha
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  acura mstr replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. +I can get your code for you but first I need the radio serial number. To get the serial number . turn the radio off

press and hold preset buttons #1 and 6 . then turn the radio on and release the buttons. the radio screen will read out 2 sets of numbers . Post these back to me and I can get your code.