Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Car runs rough once it warms up sometimes. Shakes. Replaced

Customer Question

Car runs rough once it warms up sometimes. Shakes. Replaced motor mounts as well. Trans shudders when downshifting to 1st
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: BMXA auto
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2001 LX Sedan
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All the engine mounts, I've done valve cover gasket, tube seals, lower timing cover, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, struts, Radiator, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and links, valve lash. That's everything I've fixed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shutters when coming to a stop other than that runs like a top minus leaking ex manifold
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shakes after trans shutter and continues to do to until the next time it moves. I cannot figure this out. I've fixed alot on this Civic. Hundreds of dollars. I'm not sure if it's a solenoid, vacuum leak, or one of my mounts I replaced is bad.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the engine. Is the check engine light coming on at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
141k. No check engine light and never had had one since I've owned it.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. And when it runs rough is it at all speeds or just at low speeds?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just at idle after warm up. Reaplaced all engine and transmission mounts as well. Transmission stutters when coming to a stop downshifting into 1st. I work on cars all the time and work for an auto parts store. This f**king thing just stumps me. You can talk technical I'll know what you mean.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Trans shifts fine thru the gears since I've fixed mounts. . Just coming to a stop.l it has issues. It only does it sometimes.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Have you checked the compression?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope. May as well do that. I don't think compression will affect the transmission other than vacuum.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Car runs great otherwise. I think the mounts may not be seated properly. Exhaust it leak in the header probably isn't helping.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

The exhaust leak will through off the O2 sensor readings so that should be fixed. I would also loosen all of the mounts and allow the engine and transmission to hang and self center and then tighten them. That should help. Also make sure that neither one of the inner cv joints is bad.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alrighty. Inner CV will make trans stutter?