HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring. The Honda dealer said

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring. The Honda dealer said the DVD player for the navigation system is not working any more and needs to be replaced. They quoted $1100 to replace it. Well, I decided to replace it myself which wasn't to bad. I found the same part (used) on line for $250. I installed it and it seems to be working except it wants a pin code to start. This appears to be a 5 digit code and it doesn't like the 4 digit code to access the address information. Where can I find the correct code to get it going. Also, this all start when I attempted to update the navigation information year. It accepted that disc and went through the load process.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took out the old navigation DVD player and put in the replacement DVR player. Put the new navigation disc in it and it loaded but now wants PIN to continue.
JA: The mechanic is ready to answer your Odyssey question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: nope
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Where did you get the 4 digit code you are trying to use.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the inside of the glove compartment wall. The replacement DVR player is the same part number but the serial number is: EGB250299078.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Are you in the USA? The numbers are not coming up when I check with Honda.