Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My dvd is stuck will not eject, says it is ejecting but will

Customer Question

my dvd is stuck will not eject, says it is ejecting but will not come out. Honda says they have to remove dashboard to get it out for between 200-450 dollars. I do not have that kind of money
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: it has been stuck a while did not really care, going on a long ride and would like the children to watch movies but not for that kind of money. I can use our portables
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 oddssey
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it on our own- did not try anything to scared
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. that's a little steep wow. I'll give you a link that shows you how to remove it easily then you can either open up the player yourself to remove the jammed cd or have a stereo shop do it. This should save you some cash. just remember to use plastic or non marry tools so you don't scratch up your dash. disconnect the battery too. here is the link to the video and good luck. If you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoewU6BZpM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoewU6BZpM