Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Yesterday my 2007 Honda Accord fob would not work and when

Customer Question

Yesterday my 2007 Honda Accord fob would not work and when we got in the car and closed the doors the alarm went off. The key would not turn the ignition and worked spotty to turn the alarm off. It went on for about an hour of trying to get the alarm to stop going off. It was like it was in lockdown mode thinking we were trying to steal the car. We finally unhooked the battery under the hood and rehooked it up and the alarm quit going off and we were able to drive it. However the FOB doesn't work and I am afraid the alarm will go off again and we will be stuck like we were yesterday. Do I have to reset the FOB?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The most common cause is the key fob itself usually.In some cases it is just the battery that needs replaced in it to correct this here but in other cases the remote/fob has to be replaced due to an internal electrical fault in it.If you have not tried to replace the battery this should be done to see if this resolves the locking and unlocking issue with it.If it does you should be good to go from there.If it does not then I suspect the key fob needs replaced.This is a common issue usually requiring the battery to be replaced in the fob or the fob itself at fault to keep this from occuring again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete