Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2004 Honda Accord. Key fop broke a year ago and we have been

Customer Question

2004 Honda Accord. Key fop broke a year ago and we have been using the keyed enter on the drivers side door to lock and unlock. Today the lock went bad and will not unlock the car. The key works fine for the trunk which we used to enter the car so we could get it to a dealer and have it fix. Well as you know if you do not unlock the drivers door the alarm sounds and will not turn off even with the key in the ignition. I pulled the fuse for the horn but the car will not go in drive. Is there anyway to by pass the immobilizer so we can get it to the dealer with out a tow?
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Key is damaged and needs to be replaced but has been working fine until the lock went bad today.
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. Made an appointment to have it fixed Tuesday but the car is not home and stranded in a parking lot.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried lubricant on the key but the lock needs replacement. I just need to get the car in drive to get it to the dealer. Thank you
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 25 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • We can get into the door and trick the system with some wire altering if you want.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 21 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris