Tim Mohr, ASE Master Tech

94 honda passport 3.2 V6 5speed in 1st gear or reverse when

Customer Question

94 honda passport 3.2 V6 5speed in 1st gear or reverse when letting off clutch it makes noise clutch pedal seems like i have to almost pump it and ease off of it to go
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: seems to be a little slipping no problems with shifting fluid in cylinder is real dark and under dash it's dripping very little where rod comes thru
JA: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i'm doing it myself i havent done anything yet i just bought it was gonna try bleeding but now i was thinking of replacing clutch cylinder and slave cylinder go with cheaper first before replacing clutch pressure plate etc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also have coolant leaking when it's not running around front of oil pan i figured waterpump so i ordered waterpump and timing belt kit
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 26 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is going to be a bad clutch master cylinder, it wont be a bad slave, if there is fluid leaking out from where the rod exits the master, then its a bad master, are you planning to fix this yourself?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 26 days ago.

first replace the mqaster cylinder, then fill with fluid and bleed it at the slave until the fluid is clear, this will flush the system and get all the burnt fluid out,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 25 days ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim