Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2015 honda exl Is there a fuse for rear break lights, if so

Customer Question

2015 honda exl
Is there a fuse for rear break lights, if so where is it?
perdon installed rear brake lights and blew a fuse , no pcm is not reading so the car will crank and turn directly off. What is the remedy for this issue? Will I need to replace a fuse and if so how will I reset the pcm?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The fuse for your brake lights is fuse 6 (10 amp) in the under hood fuse panel near the brake fluid reservoir.Make sure this fuse is o.k.If there is still a fault showing or the car still will not crank there is a good chance a scan tool fully compatible with your model has to be plugged into your vehicle to read what codes are set in each computer.Then those fault codes cleared out/erased to correct this issue here.In some cases a code will set that needs read out with a fully compatible scan tool then diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Is there a fuse for reverse lights, or a switch it may be the problem? If so where is it?
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

I apologize for the delay as I wasnt able to get back here until now.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set in all computers?

Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Hi,I am checking in to see if there is anything else I can help with here?Let me know,thanks Pete.