Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Honda Odyssey (127,000miles) with 300 mA parasitic

Customer Question

2006 Honda Odyssey (127,000miles) with 300 mA parasitic battery drain. Removing fuse #7 (Back Up) from Driver's side fuse box eliminates the 300mA drain. Now with the fuse in or out I cannot shift out of park without using the key into the shift lever trick. The shift position PRND all light up in the instrument cluster. The brake lights do not work now. Tried replacing the brake switch and that did not help. Did not confirm all the brake light bulb are burned out but do not think so.
Have had numerous problems with electric sliding doors and the driver's side sliding door is not currently functioning and has worked intermittently for 2 years. Replaced battery six weeks ago and battery tests good. When the battery drains down to about 5V in the morning.
I do not know what is all on the #7 Back Up circuit. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is fuse 13 under the hood good?

Is there power to the red wire at the brake switch?

Is the white/black wire at the brake switch powered when braking?

Below is the wire diagram i am using for the brake light and shift lock concern.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Hshiftlock.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fuse 13 under the hood was loose. I seated fuse 13 and am able to shift out of park normally. I still have the parasitic battery drain that is related to fuse #7(Back Up) from the drivers side fuse box. Battery drain is being tested with no key in the ignition. I don't know what is on this circuit. The only items I can determine related to this circuit are the chime when the key is left in the ignition and the dash lighting up upon initially inserting the ignition key.

Fuse 7 powers the

• master window switch
  • memory switch
  • wiper washer switch
  • immobilizer receiver
  • gauge control module
  • navigation unit.
  • sliding door control units
  • liftgate control unit
  • power seat control unit
  • MICU.

You will need to unplug each and then check the draw to see if its the wiring then lug each up one by one till the draw comes back.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have a diagram(s) with locations for these units, switches or modules?

Here is the wire diagram. Which part do you not know the location of?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/fuse7.pdf

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

Thanks Chris