justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

Pearl the ac relay was stuck on and I pulled the fuse. a day

Customer Question

pearl the ac relay was stuck on and I pulled the fuse. a day ago the ac relief valve unloaded the refridgeerant. 2009 crv
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: starts fine 175000 well maintained. at first I thought it was the compressor self destructing but found the electric clutch asways on - haven't tested the ac relay but I'm leaning to that
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I'm decent with cars. thinking of replacing the ac clutch relay since the circuit was drawing 3 amps with the car shutoff.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just the pressure relief went off
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a moment while I upload some information.

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 month ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I am a Honda/Acura only technician and have been for nearly 10 years so I know the brand well. The problem here is most likely a stuck compressor clutch relay. The relay contacts internally make intermittent connection or stick closed. This is a very common failure on this and several other Honda/Acura models. I will include a picture of the relay location as well as a link to view the factory part, part number, and pricing. If you have any additional questions about this just let me know.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks;et=2%2c7)&Location=control-unit-engine-room,2521704,4