Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Rpm is moving uo and down but my vehicle is not moving if i

Customer Question

rpm is moving uo and down but my vehicle is not moving if i off the engine for some time and if i try to move it then it moving a little bit and again happening ame same8
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: automatic
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 honda accod
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm at mechanic.. he put his machine and said the error showed in the machine is about sensor but he is not sure even after changing sensor i will work or not
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on highway I have to travel 200miles to reach my home i need atleast temporary solution
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what was the fault codes retrieved ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
give me a second

let him check the idle air control valve & vacuum lines connected to it

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
p0700
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is the error code
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
k

I have bad news for you on the P0700 is trans problem ,but we need to know what , that is all that dtc means

1- check fluid

2- is there any d3 d4 indicator on dash

3- wiring on external solenoid

4- can hear that code or it comes right back

NOTE: P0700 INDICATES A/T DTC When you're using the scanner to retrieve engine DTCs on an OBD-II-equipped vehicle, DTC P0700 means you have an A/T DTC. You won't see P0700 in any troubleshooting section of the service manual; it's a generic code that lets you know there's an A/T DTC while you're checking engine DTCs.) To view the freeze data from the stored A/T DTC, don't clear P0700 until you've gone into the scanners freeze frame menu and selected freeze frame data or DTC. If you clear P0700 before you retrieve the DTC, you'll lose the freeze frame data and you won't be able to view the conditions that were present when the DTC occurred. ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS DTC P0700: Automatic Transmission Control System

that is a internal transmission malfunction .

first check the fluid in trans ?

were you experiencing slippage prior ?

is the d3 d4 indicator light up on dash

Malfunction Threshold It depends on the Enable Conditions on A/T side. NOTE: Honda Motors has extended the warranty on A/Ts and torque converters to 7 years or 100,000 miles for '00-'01 Accords, '99-'01 Odysseys, and '00-'01 Preludes. For more information, see Service Bulletin 02-062 (January 5, 2007).

they had a TSB on this trans , but you are out of the warranty window , if that is the case here .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can we fix it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if we can fix it i can pay 26$
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can we?

was there any other codes than the P0700 like p0714 720

or only p0700 & tell me what the fluid look like and i can tell you .

If the po700 is the only one .

let him get you honda trans fluid 8 quarts .

drain fluid , refill new , run car on lift ,going thru all the gears

leave it running 15 minutes , drop fluid again and refill .

if it does not work you have internal damage and transmission needs replacement

what you mean about the $26 i don't understand

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
to call
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how much it will cost for new transmission?

1-A rebuild 12 000 miles 12 month warranty .

at least in south carolina where i m $1000 including labor

2-a used one $400

labor for used $300

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I can call you no problem , just accept the offer

Chad

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it i showing 720 too

ok wait one second then let me see the 720

maybe solenoid

it could be that sensor , i sent you the trouble tree to diagnostic if the sensor or wiring

2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan L4-2254cc 2.3L SOHC (VTEC) MFI

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

DTC P0720: Problem in Countershaft Speed Sensor Circuit NOTE: Record all freeze data before you troubleshoot. 1. Check the countershaft speed sensor installation. Is the countershaft speed sensor installed properly? YES - Go to step 2. NO - Reinstall and rechecks 2. Disconnect the countershaft speed sensor 2P connector.

3. Measure countershaft speed sensor resistance at the sensor connector. Is the resistance 400 - 600 ohms? YES - Go to step 4. NO - Replace the countershaft speed sensor. 4. Disconnect PCM connector D (16P).

5. Check for continuity between body ground and the D10 terminal and D16 terminal individually. Is there continuity? YES - Repair short in the wires between the D10 and D16 terminals and the countershaft speed sensor. NO - Go to step 6. 6. Connect the countershaft speed sensor connector.

7. Measure the resistance between the D10 and D16 terminals. Is the resistance 400 - 600 ohms? YES - Check for loose terminal fit in the PCM connectors. If necessary, substitute a known-good PCM and recheck. NO - Repair loose terminal or open in the wires between the D10 and D16 terminals and the countershaft speed sensor. NOTE: Honda Motors has extended the warranty on A/Ts and torque converters to 7 years or 100,000 miles for '00-'01 Accords, '99-'01 Odyssesys, and '00-'01 Preludes. For more information, see Service Bulletin 02-062 (January 5, 2007).