HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Well I've got some kind of coolant leak somewhere. I saw

Customer Question

Well I've got some kind of coolant leak somewhere. I saw steam coming from under the hood on the passenger side by the windshield. I popped the hood, I saw what smelled of antifreeze sprayed on engine. The passenger floor was dry. I started the car again to see the spraying coming from the passenger side near windshield. Help please? Would I be able to drive the car 25 miles to my mechanic? My gauges never went out of their normal positions.
JA: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?
Customer: Honestly, I have no idea. I just bought the car about 4 months ago from a co-workers niece.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 Honda Accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. But was trying to figure out what it is that is leaking? A hose? I don't want to cause more damage driving it to the mechanic if at all possible.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

If its coming from the passenger side then its could be a bad heater hose but if its spraying out you do not want to drive the car 25 miles as its very likely you will overheat the engine and cause further damage. Your going to need to have the system pressure tested so the leak can be pinpointed and repaired from there.