Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Crank no start situation on a 1992 honda prelude. Swapped a

Customer Question

Crank no start situation on a 1992 honda prelude. Swapped a JDM 2.3L blue top engine into car with P13 ECU. There is no spark. coil known good, distributor known good, main relay know good. solid 5V coming from ECU to ICM for input and a solid 12V (10V while cranking) on output of ICM to coil for signal. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check your battery voltage while cranking and see if it is dropping to 10 volts as well.If it is not if it is around 12 volts check the wiring to the ICM for any corrosion or damage as low voltage (the 10 volts you see) may not be enough to allow the engine to start and may be due to ICM fault or wiring fault to the ICM.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete