HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Just bought a used 2002 honda odyssey and the tcs and the

Customer Question

Just bought a used 2002 honda odyssey and the tcs and the check eng light come on at the same time, what can I do to fix the problem
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: Just started have no code, which fuse would a check for that?
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Was going to take it somewhere, have not tried anything yet, just started look for the reason or solution
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Carguy1 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Mike, I need to find out why the TCS and the check eng light have come on
Expert:  Carguy1 replied 1 month ago.

I don't have great news right off the bat for you. First, we really need the codes and I will tell you why. There are several components to the traction control system AND just the fact that the check engine light came on could be the reason the trac light is on as well. With over 500 reasons for the check engine light to come on, we could guess all day.

The good news is that most parts stores can read the codes for you and will do it at no cost. Then you can let me know what it is and I will be able to help you figure out the next move. The codes start with a P, for example P0301, this code would tell me that you had a misfire on cylinder #1 and would also turn on the trac light.

So please, get the code and then let me know what it is so I can give you some real advice and a proper answer. Just to many reasons not to.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** stop by somewhere and get the code
Expert:  Carguy1 replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome, then at least we have a starting point and I can really help you out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHY DIDI JUST GET CHARGED 23.00 dollars PLUS THE 5.00 dollars for this answer.....MAN I AM PISSED!!!!!!
Expert:  Carguy1 replied 1 month ago.

I have no idea to be honest, you can't rate my answer so I don't think it gets charged. You can contact customer service. I don't have anything at all to do with costs or billing or any of it. I am just a mechanic trying to help you out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.