Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Once I stop and shift it into park, the rpm's rev up to

Customer Question

Once I stop and shift it into park, the rpm's rev up to between 4000-4500, then I am not able to shift it back into drive until the rpm's have gone back down. Sometimes it takes only 5-10 minutes and after long trips, then it takes at least 20 minutes. This is a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: I am not sure. I believe it is the original. Has 90,000 miles on it. No, I haven't noticed any leaking
JA: What is the model of your '10 Honda?
Customer: It is a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
JA: Are you fixing your Civic Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will probably be taking it to a mechanic, as I do suspect this is a transmission issue. Although, recently, we have done a tune up, replaced all the spark plugs, air filter, and we have replaced the brakes all the way around
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. that's all
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

is there a check engine light on now ?

how is the transmission doing , does it feel like you slipping , Especially under-load or going up hill ?

what does the charge level on hybrid battery say ,is it charged,

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat