Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

2104 Ridgeline with reverse solenoid replacement due to a

Customer Question

2104 Ridgeline with reverse solenoid replacement due to a damn squirrel chewing the wire harness. What is the ballpark figure the dealer should charge for such service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Honda Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK
JA: What year is your Ridgeline?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Towed to the dealer and they are doing the job
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 month ago.

Sorry to hear about your furry problem. I have done plenty of damage repairs from chewy rodents.

The shift solenoid assembly is $430.13 retail price. It sells for a list price of $301.95. Most dealers mark up the part approx 30% above list or to $392.54. Labor to replace the solenoid is approx .7 hrs.(7 tenths) Shop rates vary between $120 and 150. Labor at the most should be $105. Time to repair the wiring harness if damaged is straight time. It depends on how quick the technician is. I would approximate the wiring repair to be 1 hour. Parts labor and straight time approx $647....Bad Mouse!!

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,