Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

After battery going dead from going to the drive in and

Customer Question

After battery going dead from going to the drive in and using audio system on auxilary power, the traction control and ABS lights came on and stayed on. After reading online that this is a common problem we fixed it with the paper clip into ports (4&9 I believe it was). This solved the problem with the ABS and traction control lights being on, but now we are dealing with a different set of problems. The doors will only lock / unlock using the interior switch if the car is running, and the locks do not seem to recognize the key fob at all. Also, the rear sliding doors will not open or close using the interior switch or key fob at all. Also, there is no beeping alert that the keys are in the ignition when the door is open.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set with this issue using a fully compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your model?

What year and model is this vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In addition to above mentioned, the rear lift gate does not open electronically using interior switch, key fob, or physically pushing button on outside handle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2013 Honda Odyssey. No, I am trying to avoid paying a couple hundred bucks code scan if this is some common problem I can fix in the garage.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I do not know of a common relearn or repair for all of these issues here myself.I will see if others here can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

New expert here, I found the procedure for resetting the sliding doors.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Resetting the Power Sliding Door Control Unit

NOTE: If the battery terminal is disconnected or No. B16 (10 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box is removed while the power sliding door is operating, the power sliding door can not be opened or closed automatically until it is reset.

1. Erase the power sliding door DTCs by removing the No. B16 (10 A) fuse from the under-hood fuse/relay box.
  2. Turn off the Main switch for the doors. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
  3. Fully close the power sliding door manually (the control unit must see the full latch switch closed and the ratchet switch open at the same time).
  4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the Main switch.
  5. Test the door operation with the power sliding door switch, the remote transmitter, and the door handles.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Followed all steps, no change.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Ok we tried, I will opt out and see if anyone else can help.