Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master

I have a 2009 Honda Accord ex. I took the car into the shop

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Honda Accord ex. I took the car into the shop and they told me cylinder 2 had a misfire and the 4 spark plugs needed to be replaced. I left and had a friend change the plugs and coil because they wanted to charge me $300. The VSA and check engine soon light are still on. I took my car to autozone for diagnostics and it read misfire on cylinder 2. The one I just got replaced. On my way home from there my car started stalling...
I also have 2 recall letters from Honda about the srs electronic control unit and sticking piston rings resulting in high engine oil consumption. Could any of the recalls have something to do with what is happening?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 month ago.

the sticking piston rings can cause a misfire if the the ring is not sealing the piston . i would take the car in to have the recall done before i put any more parts on .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The lights coming on have nothing to do with srs or oil pistons
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just called Honda and that's what they told me

the service engine soon light will come on if the car have a misfire and if the piston rings get stuck this can cause a misfire the Honda dealer will tell you anything because they want you to pay for the repairs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay. So I'll take it in. Thanks

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.