Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Since my airbag got replaced every once in a while my horn

Customer Question

since my airbag got replaced every once in a while my horn will go off without warning. Thinking of trying to disable my horn so I don't get beat up by someone who thinks I am honking at them.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 CR-V
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, have not tried-at first I thought it was a one time thing but it happened again tonight. so that's why I'm looking to try an pull out the relay or something
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: car has been starting totally normally, I have to check but I think 83,000 miles?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did not happen until after my air bag got replaced so I think they might be related.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda-Acura question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Unfortunately pulling a relay or fuse is not an option. The horn relay is built into the multiplex integrated control unit. Fuse #12 for the horn is also for the brake lights and hazard lights.

The only place where you can disable the horns is right at the horns(2). Each one will need to be unplugged. I would go back to the dealer and ask therm to fix it. I have seen this happen several times after the recall was done so I know it happens. They will be aware of this too I am sure. Since the relay is integrated and the fuse is shared this will be the only way. I have included the images of the horns. Hopefully you can avoid getting beat up by some angry individual. I would be worried too around here most people are nice but not everyone.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff